The Snap-N-Lock™ Panel System creates an extremely tight building envelop - meaning that virtually all wasteful air leaks are eliminated, which results in an extremely energy efficient building with little energy loss. Because of this tight building envelop, an exchange system becomes the key to obtaining maximum energy efficiency in your home. The RenewAire Ventilator system is so important for energy efficiency that Structall includes it standard with every home package.
RenewAire Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV) is the technology which completes your HVAC system. The ventilator system:
- Exhausts pollutants and excess moisture to the outside of the home.
- Efficiently recovers heat from the exhaust stream during cold weather.
- Pre-cools and pre-dehumidifies incoming during hot, muggy weather.
- Is quiet and compact and may be installed in a basement (or crawl space), mechanical closet or attic.
How does the unit work?
The key to RenewAire's extraordinary performance is its renowned static-plate core. Exhaust and outside air streams cross paths in the core, transferring both heat and moisture in the process.
Because moisture is transferred in a gaseous state, no liquid water accumulates, which means that no drain or condensate pan is required! No condensation also means that no defrost mechanism is needed for cold weather operation in most homes.
The RenewAire system has had decades of extensive use which proves the reliability of the RenewAire system. A 10-year core warranty is standard.
What are the benefits to the Homeowner?
Now more than ever, the need for whole-house ventilation is becoming clear to the homeowner. The benefits of choosing RenewAire are also clear:
- Moisture control
- Protection from mold & mildew
- Elimination of odors from bathrooms, pets and tobacco smoke
- Removal of harmful indoor pollutants
- Year round fresh air flow
- Models compatible to any certified energy efficiency heating or cooling equipment
- Easy to understand controls
- Uncomplicated installation
- Simple, inexpensive maintenance