Custom Prefabricated Building Solutions
P.O. Box 475021
San Francisco, CA 94147
Phone: 1 (415) 515-8933
This new 4,300 Square foot rustic Mexican Hacienda Design shows off how prefabricated, steel structural insulated panels can:
- Save time - build up to 50% faster
- Create a more predictable construction process
- Improve construction cost control
- Reduce risk
- Achieve superior design excellence with an alternative method to wood frame construction
- Achieve superior energy efficiency - Zero Net Energy
General design information:
- Rustic 4,300 SF authentic Mexican Hacienda design with 1,100 SF Guest house
- Master bedroom suite, with master bath suite
- His & Hers walk-in closets
- 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms total
- Beamed Cathedral ceilings throughout
- Pool & spa under private shade trellis
- Authentic planted courtyards with indigenous local desert plants to retain ground moisture & shading, prevent erosion.
- Structural load bearing shell is built entirely out of 6" steel faced structural insulated panels.
- Flexibility with future remodeling- None of the interior steel stud partition walls are load bearing
- Zero Net Energy house (ZNE) - 32% over the minimum California standard for energy efficiency per the 2016 California Energy Code.
- House has the ability to function completely off-grid for all its resources (water,power, heating cooling, lighting)
- House is 100% electric - no propane used.
- House makes use of passive solar design- Uses Sun's free energy for heating, cooling, and lighting of interior spaces via (1) thermal tower design, (2) strategic placements of windows and (operable) shade elements (3) Use of south facing thermal mass to store the sun's free energy which is released at night on cold nights.
- Grey water recycling system with built in UV filter - reclaimed water from sinks, lavatories, showers, and tubs can be used for landscaping, toilet flushing, washing machines, utility water.
- Rainwater harvesting system- rainwater is captured from roof, filtered, and stored in underground cisterns.
- Solar electric panels generate free electricity.
- Solar thermal panels accomplish free water heating.
- Located in a harsh desert climate near Joshua Tree National Monument https://www.nps.gov/jotr/index.htm
- Located in harshest California climate zone 14
- Located in seismic zone "E" - the most extreme earthquake zone in California close to San Andreas fault line
- Located in most stringent San Bernardino County wild fire zone "FS-1" Fire safety overlay area 1